Exciting news for our customers with Enterprise is the new fully automatic test alarm feature. This is good since it enables the staff to test the alarm for both training purposes but also to check that everything is in order with the alarm. To activate this feature you need to contact us, but in the future it will be available directly in the self-service portal. The user activates the test alarm feature by themselves in the test alarm portal which requires the test person to enter phone number and an authorization code. This will set the phone in test mode for 15 minutes. Alarms that are triggered in test mode will not be sent to an alarm central nor colleagues. We enabling this feature we can help you create authorization codes for all user in the system.
To use this feature for a single user you can follow these simple steps:
- Choose who should test the alarm in the self-service portal.
- Click on the green “Active” box that is shown besides the phone number of that person and klick on “reset authorization code”.
- The chosen person will be sent an SMS with an authorization code from Crystal Alarm. After that type this into your browser: http://<activation code>.crystalalarm.com/testalarm
- The tester needs to type in their phone number, authorization code and the activation code given out by Crystal Alarm.
- After the tester has typed in all of the information the phone will automatically go into test mode for 15 minutes. Now you can trigger an alarm and the feature will do everything else. There are boxes that will be checked throughout the process. This will allow you to see when the alarm has been controlled, delivered and handled. You will also be able to see that positioning works. When this process is complete the alarm will close and test mode will also close.
This feature makes it easier for you to test the alarm more often and reduces the workload of the alarm centrals. By testing the alarm often you ensure that the equipment works properly.